Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ruler wreath


In Minnesota, the Tuesday after labor day is the day that most kids go back to school.  Are you a mommy who is sad today?  I have to admit, I never was.  I love summer, but it is a little loosey-goosey for me.  I always felt guilty when I saw mommy's crying at school.  I would have a huge smile on my face!
I shared this project on fox 9 last Saturday... a ruler wreath.  I've seen these on pinterest, and decided to try my own version.  My husband was nice enough to cut a bunch of rulers in half for me.


I wrapped a small styrofoam wreath form with red yarn.



I glued each of the rulers on with hot glue...


I decided to add these green scrabble letters to the wreath.


I always look for old letters and numbers at antique stores.  I just can't pass them up.  I store them in a big divided container...



I just brought it to school to hang in my preschool room!  Happy first day of school everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Just wrapping that wreath with yarn was a feat! Another month to find all the cute rulers! Back to school is fun even when no one at our house had gone back in years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to school is a bittersweet time for me... tears of HAPPINESS and bit of SADNESS! :):) Your decorations RULE!! I want to come and play with all your sweet trinkets. :):) I bought a huge box of vintage rules from a garage sale last year... I need to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single inch of your Back to School wreath!
    So clever...and, so original!
    Smiles,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello There. I found your blog using msn.
    This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come
    back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
    I'll definitely return.
    Also visit my web blog : on the main page

    ReplyDelete