Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thrifty Thursday...$4.00 lamp!


It's thrifty Thursday!  I bought this mason jar lamp at a thrift store recently for $4.  Amazingly, it worked when I plugged it in.  I decided to give it a little makeover.



I filled the jar up with buttons...


gathered up a bunch of scraps and arranged them on the lampshade.



Once it was completely covered I gave it a coat of modpodge.



I love it... a brand new lamp for under $5!

9 comments:

  1. That might be the cutest lamp I've ever seen! I love the buttons in it! (I love BUTTONS!!) Very very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Peggy... best thing of all is that I just used things I had!

      Delete
  2. Well who wouldn't love turning on a rainbow of color!? Of course I'd have to go spend another 30.00 for all those colored buttons! FUN FIND!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, Do you buy buttons in bulk? If so where? I need sources!

    Kelly D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...how stinkin cute!! How perfect this is for a scrappers room!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brillant!Clever!!!Love the fact that I do not know what I will find when I am visiting your blog!!!Love it all!!Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..My goodness! I just discovered your blog and it is darling! Your header is so full of whimsy and bright cheerful color!
    I am a RED lover and found you via It's a Cherry World...
    I'll look forward to popping in again!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute ! I love it...I will be looking for a lamp I can make over ; ) vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey looks coooooeeeeelll!! Well done lovely lady!! and a great idea with the buttons!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete